Committed to a legacy of quality
Jasper Group is the parent company of JSI, quality furniture for work and life, and Klem, crafted furniture for life away. Strongly rooted in the heart of the Midwest, generations of our furniture family have been proudly practicing their craft in southern Indiana since the late 1800s. With the launch of our roll top desk, we even acquired the first U.S. patent in the industry.
"For over 90 years we’ve worked hard to create and preserve the legacy that is Jasper Group for the next generation. We plan to leave this world a little better than we found it."
Amidst the economic turbulence of 1929, seven local businessmen met with hopes of forming a seating company committed to producing long-lasting, quality wood chairs. Dedicated to causes that prospered their native city and added to the community’s happiness, these men worked tirelessly to lay the groundwork for a company culture centered around people. Thus, Jasper Seating Company was born out of a small family of employees alongside their first chair, the “400.”
Still at home in the offering today, the “400” paved the way for more than those seven businessmen could have ever imagined. New product and market segments brought more opportunity, but with each endeavor, the company’s values and passion for the furniture craft never wavered. To reflect this growth, Jasper Seating Company was given its new name, Jasper Group.
Today, Jasper Group is the parent company of JSI, quality furniture for work and life, and Klem, crafted furniture for life away. We are a family of 800+ employees that pride ourselves on supplying customers with the highest quality furniture, while maintaining and building close relationships across a multitude of industries. With over 2.3 million square feet of office spaces, lumberyards and mill rooms in Dubois and Orange counties, Indiana, we continue to be dedicated to the prosperity of our native community.
The love that we have for our craft and the people with whom we work is reflected through the culture we have cultivated since 1929.